Re: [tlug] WWWJDIC Back door entry

2007/11/11, Dave M G <dave@example.com>:

Hi

> Very odd. The exact URL I'm currently testing with is this:
> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?9MIH%BB%FE%B4%D6
>
> It should simply be the word "jikan", (時間), in UTF8 encoded Japanese
> characters, that have been also URL encoded.

That isn't the utf8 byte sequence for 時間. It should be %E6%99%82%E9%96%93

%BB%FE%B4%D6 is what you get from php's urlencode() if you have the
page set to EUC-JP encoding when submitting. Make sure you haven't
acidentally set the character set set to something other than utf-8
and it should work as you intend it to.

Cheers,
Kim Ahlström
http://jisho.org