Re: [tlug] LCD Monitors

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Henri Honda wrote:

I'm looking for a 17 or 19" LCD monitor at a reasonable price. I live
in Fukui where everything is in the expensive side. They want 30,000
to 40,000 yen for such monitors.

If that's for a 1280x1024 monitor, yes, that's somewhat expensive.

A year ago, at any rate, one of the best values around was the Dell
2007FPb or similar monitor. It's a high quality 20" 1600x1200 monitor
with DVI, VGA, S-Video and composite inputs, picture-in-picture, a
built-in USB hub, and the ability to rotate to a vertical format. I'm
very pleased with mine and would buy another one. I believe it was under
50,000 yen when I bought it.

I can no longer find it on www.dell.jp, but they've got a bunch of
others, in both regular (4:3) and wide (16:9) formats. One of their
low-end 17" 1280x1024 monitors is 21,000 yen. And of course, they'll
deliver to you.

cjs