Re: [tlug] ls *++*; ls *+*

2007/11/6, Darren Cook <darren@example.com>:
> > $ls *++*
> > AUTHORS  COPYING  ChangeLog  INSTALL  Makefile  Makefile.am
> > Makefile.in  NEWS  README  TODO  bin/  demo/  lib/  tests/
>
> What shell are you using? I just tried with bash, on my home directory,
> and get told:
>    ls: *++*: No such file or directory
>
> Darren
I use bash.

[vuhung@ magick]$grep vuhung /etc/passwd
vuhung:x:523:100::/home/vuhung:/bin/bash
[vuhung@ magick]$/bin/bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.00.15(1)-release (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc

[vuhung@ GraphicsMagick-1.1.10]$ls *++*
[vuhung@ GraphicsMagick-1.1.10]$/bin/ls -F *++*
AUTHORS  COPYING  ChangeLog  INSTALL  Makefile  Makefile.am
Makefile.in  NEWS  README  TODO  bin/  demo/  lib/  tests/
[vuhung@ GraphicsMagick-1.1.10]$alias | grep ls
        else
alias dir='ls -ba'
alias dot='ls .[a-zA-Z0-9_]*'