Re: [tlug] Analog to Digital Converter recommendations?

On 10/31/07, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
> I have a Sony analog to digital converter that I will either lend to you
> for your conversions, or give to you if you'd be willing to do some
> conversions for me.
>
> This is the one I have:
> http://www.supremevideo.com/camcorders/sonycamcorders/dvmcda2.htm

I just bought a Sony GV-D200 8mm digital/analogue playback box that
has a FireWire output.  I haven't actually used it yet, but I'm hoping
it will convert my analogue tapes to digital and output that via the
FireWire output.  If so, presumably it won't be difficult to record
the material as digital video on my computer's hard drive?  Has anyone
had any experience with this device?

Lyle