RE: [tlug] Arial ... MS ...: Embrace Free Fonts

Ok...  A slight correction to my own message. ^^;;
Doesn't change the overall legal issue, BUT....

Per Wikipedia[1] Font Designs are not copyrightable under US law[2]
(Not sure about EU or Japanese law).  There are certain aspects though
that can be copyrightable or patentable.  Either way, it ends up
coming down to the same thing.  Preffer the FOSS fonts over the
proprietary fonts when you are using a non-proprietary OS. ^^;

My first response was right and wrong (I think). ^-^

[1] Take it for what it is worth.
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font#Legal_aspects