Re: [tlug] RHEL/CentOS vs. latest hardware

> Some googling [1] tells me I need a custom kernel. Other googling [2]
> tells me I'll probably have trouble with on-board gigabit LAN too. The
> ubuntu folks also seem to be having trouble with this chipset, so it is
> more a kernel than a distro issue.

Hi,

Not sure how you would install it [during the initial install] but (from
the CENTOS mailing list)

ICH9 patched i686 kernel-2.6.18-8.1.15 has been released right now.
Release is a little bit late, because ICH9 patch has been extended and
modified to support some other HW. All patches from git.kernel.org for
ICH9 are included now. X86_64 RPMS are being built now.

http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el5/hrb/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/

As for the LAN card, they are real cheap...I even have a  spare logitech
on hand.

Shawn