[tlug] [OT] Software for handicapped people

Hi!

We have a new student in Japanese sciences who is that much handicapped that he can't even use a mouse. One of my language teachers asked me if I could do some research to find a software for him that allows him to input Japanese. From what I've been told he is using some kind of on-screen-keyboard but I bet it is something better for getting him into greater speed typing something.
Do any of you know any handicapped people or have any experiences in this what software is available for handicapped people who can't type to input in moderate speed Japanese? Software platform isn't that important in the beginning but I'm searching something to start my "research" for finding something (I bet he's using Windows) because I have no experiences in this area and do not even know the right termini to begin with.
Any help appreciated.

Niels