Re: [tlug] Richard Stallman (FSF) in Tokyo Wed, Oct 24th

2007/10/24, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com>:
> > And RMS is always distinguishing Open Source and Free Software, so I
> > hope the attendees won't be confused with those words.
> >

> That is ok.
>
> In my oppinion I think that sometimes Stalman is
> confused with the concepts. :P  Many open source
> licenses are more free than the GPL V3 (maybe most).

The problem is the ambiguity of the word "free" while most of us uses
"open source" and "free software" interchangeably.

GPL v3 gives less freedom than other open source licenses but it still
follows the four basic rules of open source stated by fsf.org.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu