Re: [tlug] Newbie: Kubuntu Configuration: Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)Released

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 00:04 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> Especially for the newcomer, it has several attractions.  Things like
> Arch and Gentoo aren't really newcomer friendly. Nor is the venerable
> Slackware.  Fedora is cutting edge, and things break, also Ubuntu
> comes
> on one CD vs. the Fedora DVD.

Hi Scott and all,

As of Fedora 7, the multiple CDs have disappeared and have been replaced
by a DVD, as mentioned, as well as a LiveCD:

ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Live

> Also, I suspect that many more experienced folks might have friends or
> family who hear about it, so they throw an install on something so
> that
> they can give better support--especially those who are into advocacy.
> Or, they might throw on an install out of curiosity, because we all
> hear
> so much about it.

Yes, both my son's use Linux now. XP went the way of the dodo. My
eldest is able to do all his school assignments in OpenOffice. I
usually remove the Fedora installed version and grab the latest
official release though.

> Not to mention Wayne, who is a moderator on the Fedora
> Forums.

Darn, my cover's been blown :-)

Wayne