Re: [tlug] Newbie: Kubuntu Configuration: Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)Released

<burlingk@example.com> writes:

> At least a few people in the group have at
> Times indicated that they use Ubuntu.  That is
> Why it is of a more general interest to the group.
> ^_^  The new versions tend to have more eye candy. Hehehe.

Not only eye candy, but also "user friendliness" as they call it.

Yesterday I was really surprised (by the second-to-latest version).  I
wanted to watch a video using the totem video player, and got an error
message telling me that I didn't have the correct codecs.  At the bottom
of the message there was an option to search for available codecs, which
showed me the packages that I could install from the repositories.  I
clicked on the packages, clicked install, entered the sudo password.
After a few seconds the packages were installed, and totem proceeded to
play the video.

How is that for a nice error recovery?

Evan