Re: [tlug] Fwd: ITS Service Update - Windows Vista

2007/10/19, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:
> Thank God I'm a Linux boy!  Even RHEL releases get qualified faster
> than this!
>
> FYA

It is still an open and complex question that why and how Open sourses
OSes like Linux are more stable and easier to manage than closes
source OSes like Windows ( see below ). The most stable OS in Windows
line is 2000 and MSFT still supports it. XP is good as of now but it
was a nightmare before SP1. I think the same thing will happens to
Vista: Wait for SP1.

I think Vista was not well tested so it was/is buggy until now. Linux
packager like RH has Fedora as a test bad. It has a huge test effort
from the community and RH use that to keep RHEL in the stable line,
traditional software making process.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu