RE: [tlug] Newbie: Kubuntu Configuration

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 09:45 +0900, burlingk@example.com wrote:
> Also, if scim doesn't work, I have had luck
> with Prime.  I think sometimes which desktop
> environment you use can effect it as well.

I installed the Japanese version of Ubuntu 7.04 on two machines
(I found the Japanese font-rendering much better than installing
the English version and adding Japanese support)

http://www.ubuntulinux.jp/

On both, after install, I switched the language of the first user
(me) to English and the other user(s) I left as Japanese. On one
machine SCIM does not start for me if I log-in in English but it
does if I log-in in Japanese. The other install works fine in both
languages. I've never been really impressed with the Buntus
anyway, so next month these two machine will see Fedora 8.

Wayne