Re: Fedora Lifespan versus RHEL/Centos Lifespan [tlug]

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 10:12:40PM -0400, jep200404 wrote:
> 《Wayne》 wrote:
>
> > ... FC5 reached EOL in June and FC6 will be shelved not long
> > after F8 is released. Schedule for that is November 8th.
>
> Hence RHEL and Centos with their long lives.

Yup, that's my usual answer, now that I'm at a job that is
RH-based-centric.  It's either complain or enjoy using it, so I've
become an advocate.  :)

When people complain about its lack of stability, I suggest CentOS.

(As RHEL costs money.)

BTW, while we're on it, perhaps it's worth mentioning that although
everyone now thinks of Dell supported Linux as Ubuntu, AFAIK, they've
been supporting RH and SuSE servers for awhile now.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Nice. Look who's got a bad case of Dark Prince envy.
Dracula: I have no interest in you. Leave us.
Xander: No, we're not going to (imitates Dracula's accent) leave
you. And where'd you get that accent Sesame Street? One, two,
three - three victims. Mwah, ha, ha, ha!
Buffy: Xander, I'm pretty sure that's Dracula.
Xander: Wow, really? Hey, sorry, man, I was... just jokin' around.