Re: [tlug] Newbie: Kubuntu Configuration

> Why locale doesn't print out XMODIFIERS, I don't know,

It doesn't for me either, but it is there in printenv. I have this:
  XMODIFIERS=@example.com

(i.e. SCIM, not anthy). Japanese/Chinese input works in all programs for
me (er, except java ones), though my locale (and all system/program
menus) is English (en_GB.UTF-8; it used to be en_US.UTF-8 and that also
worked). In case it is important, in printenv I also have:
  GTK_IM_MODULE=scim

(BTW, this is using Gnome, and Fedora 5, not Kubuntu)

Darren

--
Darren Cook
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary)