Re: [tlug] xen and windows

On 10/15/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> [...]

I guess not because it depends on the virtualized graphic card-driver
and afaik is the max supported DirectX-version DirectX 8 or so.
But I don't know how that works with Xen. Afaik Xen uses more or less
directly the hardware ressources and then it should be possible. But
to be true: If you want to run actual games then you do not want to do
that in a virtualized environment because you want to use all of you
processor power (for the AI - modern games use more cores as well
afaik; at least the development goes into that direction to do the
whole AI-stuff in one core and everything else in the other), all of
the RAM (for a lot) and all the power your graphic card can give you.

Niels *who is playing old games in a virtualized environment but never
would do so with new stuff*