Re: [tlug] xen and windows

Hi,

On 10/14/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> So, what's all this about Xen and windows? I've read up enough to know I
> need an Intel "VT" CPU. But does it just work?

I think it will "just work", though I've also only used VMware for
virtualization.

When I looked into Xen I discovered that you have to assign a certain
portion of your RAM to your "host OS" (dom0 in Xen terminology[1]) at
boot time, with the remainder left for your guest OSs when they start
up. This means when I have no VMs running, a chunk of my RAM is
inaccessible.

Anyway, look into it and let us know what you decide on :)

[1] http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Dom0

Good luck!
Mike