Re: [tlug] xen and windows

On 10/14/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> I have a dream: a shining new 4-core computer, running linux, but that
> at a touch of a button would turn into a windows XP computer, and that
> all just works without me having to study stuff and understand internals.

Hi,

I know that it isn't in your spec, but I am using vmware server (the
free version) under gentoo and I have installed a windows XP as a
virtual machine.  It was fairly straightforward, install vmware, set
up the virtual machine, boot it with XP CD, and install like you would
a normal computer.  As to whether this set-up can use several CPUs in
the virtual machine, I don't know.

It goes without saying that you'll need some ram (I don't have any
problems with 2 giga).

My two cents,

Evan