[tlug] ClamAV

Well, after a long list silence where I just caused a lot of problems to
myself and which I learned to solve on my own, I have hit another wall
in my search to remove my newbiosity. I am victimizing myself with
Kubuntu 7.04.

After successfully downloading, installing, and setting up Firestarter
firewall (although I _still haven't figured out how to make it load automatically
on startup) I decided to get REAL BRAVE and try my hand at installing
ClamAV antivirus.

I can install the base packages of ClamAv v0.90.2 (anti-virus) and KlamAv
v0.41 (KDE front end). I can configure and run those versions and update
the AV database. But get told that both are out of date and that I
should update to v0.91.2 and v0.41.1, respectively. When I do so,
installation fails.

Here is the logfile output from the last few lines of the auto-installer:

checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... gpp
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether gpp accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of gpp... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
 * configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
 * See `config.log' for more details.
***** Return value 1

I have tried to reinstall cpp and gpp using apt but it makes no difference. I am not finding anything else in the Debian Reference that seems to be an appropriate work around.

Can someone tell me what I need to do?

--
CL