Re: [tlug] web search software

NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:
> * Lucene
>
>   It has a nice architecture because of separation of document
>   analyzer. NutchDocumentAnalyzer (from Nutch) provides simple
>   uni-gram search engine, and Japanese support.
>   OTOH, JapaneseAnalyzer provides word-based-text-chunking search
>   engine, based on Sen, a clone implementation of ChaSen by Java.
>
>   http://ultimania.org/sen/
>   http://tidus.ultimania.org/wiki/index.php?Lucene

Thanks. I think next time I'm asked for a search engine this is the one
I'll evaluate first, even though Java is not usually my first choice. A
bit of discussion in English here:
  http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=1168788
(I thought it was interesting that someone was saying the "dumb"
CJKAnalyzer gave better results than the JapaneseAnalyzer for their site.)

>   Senna is also major search engine with Japanese support. Senna
>   itself is library form, but there are many bindings. Especially,
>   Toritonn is very useful because it adds Japanese full-text search
>   support for MySQL. Senna also supports MeCab and bi-gram.
>
>   http://qwik.jp/senna/FrontPage.html (English)
>   http://qwik.jp/tritonn/

Also useful to know about. Thanks,

Darren