Re: [tlug] xml to pdf

Darren Cook wrote:

I'd welcome advice as to which path I should go down. The main choices
seem to be:
  1a. Make a style sheet and view in firefox then print to PDF.
  1b. Use XSL to convert to HTML (then to PDF using firefox)

Or, 3. Directly output PDF from XML.

I am guessing that your XML is not written using a TEI DTD or schema, but if you could convert it to TEI format, then I guess you could use Sebastian Rahtz's style sheets to generate PDF directly. If this is just a one time thing, it's probably not worth the trouble, but if you expect to do it often, you might want to check into TEI.

http://www.tei-c.org/Stylesheets/teic/

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller