RE: [tlug] dual boot - Windows/Linux

I wish they would.  It is the logical thing to do.
EXT3 is an open standard.  This means that they can
create drivers based on the standard, and don't even
have to share the source if they don't want too.  It
would be a victory for them, because they have one more
thing that will encourage people to continue using their
software, and a victory for Linux users because nothing
is lost in the exchange.  Windows is still no more closed
than before it had the feature, and Linux users are able
to share data more easily between systems.

*grins evily*  In fact, if they went as far as to make
windows capable of booting from EXT3, Linux users could
start using the same FS accross their entire system.  I
think maybe that is partial motivation for not doing it.
:/

--
Ken