RE: [tlug] dual boot - Windows/Linux

Anything newer than 98SE should be fine with FAT32.

The problem you will run into, is that NT Based systems are
paranoid as hell when they detect a FAT based paritition. :P

They will want to chkdsk them fairly often. Hehe.

My honest advise on the issue though is simple.  If the
machine is being created specifically as a work station for
this particular application, then just go NTFS on the whole
drive, and just install windows.

As a video/audio player Windows or Linux either one
work just fine.  For running a Windows based app, well there
are not a lot of variables in that one...  ^^;;  It won't
likely run under linux, and if it does, performance will not
be satisfactory.

If you are looking for a more general purpose machine,
then honestly, I would suggest NTFS all the way for
windows, EXT3 or similar for Linux, and a USB drive for
your shared media. :P

--
Ken