Re: [tlug] dual boot - Windows/Linux: NTFS speed

Keith Bawden wrote:

> The last time I tried to access NTFS stuff was around a year ago doing
> some data recovery using a Knoppix cd. Whilst I managed to rescue the
> data it was dog slow (could have been for a multitude of reasons). My
> gut tells me it was NTFS at blame.

It could be Linux' NTFS code, or it could have been Knoppix' own
slowness. Knoppix 4.0.2 I/O was remarkably slow as documented here:

   http://tlug.jp/ML/0708/msg00883.html

Knoppix 4.0.2 is two years old.
Knoppix 5.0.1 came out on 2006-06-01.
You might have been using that.