Re: [tlug] Policy on debug codes

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Simon Cozens wrote:

Curt Sampson wrote:
Well, that in part depends on whether you're likely to have to debug
installations that are out in the field.

You are; life is hard.

Uh, maybe *you* are, but I find it's pretty rare. Automated testing is a wonderful thing.

But generally, I delete the debug code completely, becuase it's only
there to get me to the point where I have an automated test passing, and
if it ever breaks again, the test is designed to tell me what's wrong.

That's not deleting your debug code, that's moving it to another file. :)

I suppose you could put it that way, though I suspect that the original poster, when talking about "debug code," was not refering to an automated test framework.

cjs