Re: [tlug] FYI - Typing macrons, etc., in X apps

Scott Robbins さんは書きました:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 04:11:00PM +0900, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>

>> The main problem I was bumbling around trying to get past was what
>> to use as a "Compose" key (or I guess it's sometimes called
>> "Multi_Key") on my machine, which is a MacBook with a Japanese
>> keyboard. So it lacks a right-Ctrl key, right-Alt, right-Win (or
>> even right-Command) and pretty much every other key that the
>> various how-to guides I found say are normally by default as the
>> Compose key.
>
> Thank you for this.  I think I'll actually add it to my Japanese in
> Linux page as it can be useful for romaji.  (I prefer using the actual
> vowel rather than, for example ō as it makes it clearer to we gaijin if
> you should be using Oo as in Oosak or ou as in you (sono yō ni).

For the characters that can not be input by hitting simple keyboard
strokes, or we can't not know how, referring[0] to a 文字コード表[1] is
a quick trick I am using.

If we know the code of a character, we can input it by pressing

Alt + Keycode [3]

[0] ( One of a) list of Unicode characters
http://unicode.coeurlumiere.com/
[1] There is an application in Windows called 文字コード表.
[2] http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html