[tlug] DVD VR standard?

All,

I recently was given some DVDs. I cant seem to get them to play.

I contacted the author and he said they are "VR-standard" system? I have never heard of this format and can not seem to find anything about how to go about playing them.

My results are as follows;

In Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn; DVD mounts but then is shown as blank

In Fedora Core 6; Can not mount the DVD

Mac Says the DVD is blank and asks to open in finder iDVD or other application

I am sure I just need the correct string for the mount command but I am not getting any love from man mount.

Does anyone have any ideas?

.... oh ya its not porn.....

E./