Re: Emacs splash screen [was: Re: [tlug] lynx proxy settings

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:

They don't understand users like cjs and me.

Actually, they understand us just fine. It's the poor user who's not a hacker, who unpacks something and types "./configure", who really gets screwed. He doesn't know what a header file is, all he knows is that his "easy compile instructions" don't work.

What distro are you using? I suppose it is something like LFS or gentoo.

Uh, the "NetBSD" distro. :-)