Emacs splash screen [was: Re: [tlug] lynx proxy settings

Stephen J. Turnbull ????????:

> Unlike Stallman, Vu Hung doesn't consider using command line arguments
> a "bad habit".  :-รพ  (If you don't have a strong stomach for political
> bullshit, do not read the ongoing and interminable "splash screen"
> thread on emacs-devel@example.com)

I've just read some first posts in the thread[1] and: It is a crazy BS!
They want to show the "brand name" in every start but I don' want to:

emacs
C-x C-f filename

every time I open a file :D. It will make me crazy if I have to open
files for hundreds of times in a day ...

BR,

NVH

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-09/msg00815.html