Re: [tlug] [OT] Mac OS X Problem (Wish problem?)

> os x version of X, BTW.
Japanese keyboard?

>    - In an xterm, the cursor occasionally and without warning starts
>    cycling through the history list
>
>    - I can't type the capital 'O'. Actually, I can type it,
>     but just not by hitting the shift key on the LHS.
>     If I hit the shift on the RHS or hit caps lock, I have
>     no problem.
sounds like you might have the system going into kana mode rather than
romaji or hiragana.  Check the international setting to see if this is
it (normally top right portion of the screen)  If messed right click go
to open international and make the change there if the setting you want
is not showing.

If thats not it check your keyboard settings (system
preferences->keyboard and mouse)  for messed up "modifiers keys"

hopefully that will sort you out.