Re: [tlug] WLAN set up

TLUG,

Following up on my own post, I've noticed two things since I last described my WLAN problem.

One is that the Gnome error I mentioned earlier comes and goes. I can't seem to lock down on why it sometimes happens and sometimes does not. I've included the contents of my .xsession-errors file from the last time the Gnome problem occurred.

The other thing is that when I shut down the computer, it doesn't fully turn off anymore. It goes to the Ubuntu shut down screen, showing the logo and an orange progress bar. And then, when the progress bar has completed, it goes to an all black screen that says only this:

* Stopping portmap daemon...

... and then I have to hit the power button on the laptop and hold it down for a while to actually get the machine to turn off.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
.xsession-errors:
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/X11R6/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "dave"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_US.
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
SESSION_MANAGER=local/meg-laptop:/tmp/.ICE-unix/4806
esd: Esound sound daemon already running or stale UNIX socket
/tmp/.esd-1001/socket
This socket already exists indicating esd is already running.
Exiting...
Initializing gnome-mount extension

(gnome-panel:5086): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -3 and height 24
DOUBLE-CLICK: 400 --> -1 THRESHOLD: 8 --> -1 ** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G