Re: [tlug] A place to connect my laptop

Keith Bawden wrote:
> On 9/10/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Some people try to blame the phone
>> company.  I will remain neutral on that one. :P
>>

> Of course they blame the phone company. After all They often supply
> English versions of their plans if you ask them or trawl their web
> sites. How could one blame themselves in such a case:
>
> http://www.au.kddi.com/english/ezweb/charge/index.html
> http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/charge/
>
> And so on. After all why blame the other signatory to a contract that
> you could not read when you signed it...

I guess because you would have expected it to have set of alarm bells at
the telephone company.  A telephone company is not an unsophisticated
user with limited technical and legal resources.  It should be obvious
to them that no reasonable person is consciously going to make that kind
of usage of a mobile phone Internet service, which means it is either
serious user error, fraud or an accounting mistake.  You would hope that
even if they weren't checking for user errors they would be proactively
checking for fraud or system errors.

Edward