Re: [tlug] A place to connect my laptop

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007, Keith Bawden wrote:

From memory it was an open connection however, as Curt
stated it is firewalled with any port open protected and requiring a
username password.

These days, anyway, it's WEP protected, though as I said there's a single well-known key for it.

Back then it was pretty much only usable at train stations.

They seem to be in a bunch of restaurants now these days, but it's still not frequent enough that if I were wandering around a lot I wouldn't want something like e-Mobile as well (or perhaps even instead).

cjs