Re: [tlug] web search software

Darren Cook wrote:
I've used namazu ( http://www.namazu.org/ ) before. It is Japanese
software but it does have English documentation/mailing list. It is open
source.

It indexes the files on the local filesystem, rather than going through
http. (So, not so useful for dynamic pages.)

Darren

You've just answered a question I hadn't even thought of. We are going to include a section that is in fact dynamic and I had just assumed we wouldn't index it. But if I use a system that goes through http that would include the dynamic section.

Brett