Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > As does the "8-IP-Address" home Usen service. And this very definitely
 > is a home service; they will refuse to install it in office buildings
 > (though they will install it in offices in apartment buildings).

Ah, it's so nice to be in a country where the retail vendors have been
hit with a cluebat.  (Yes, I know it's also the home of AOL.
Nonetheless) Comcast comes in, installs the cable modem, and the guy
points to a nearly invisible pinhole on the back (black hole on black
background) and says "when you go wireless, you need to reset here if
your router won't spoof your MAC".  :-)

That doesn't mean that the service is as good as fiber on bandwidth
and the like, but the human relations are much less frustrating.

diff/patch-means-you-dont-*need*-to-upload-as-fast-as-you-download-ly y'rs,

P.S.  I miss you guys!