Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

emiddleton@example.com さんは書きました:
>  When I was getting fiber
> installed the technician said I would probably have been better with
> ADSL because I was very close to the nearest station
Funny :D. Technically what he was saying is wrong. The speed of your
Internet does not depend of the physical distance from his house to the
nearest station.

> and they had
> apparently been getting lots of complaints from people getting poor
> performance after changing to fiber.  His explanation was that they had
> too many users on the same  link.

I agree. Some article says that 80% of the traffic over the Internet are
from bittorent. I had experience with Leonet - which is a mansion-type
of fiber, everyone ( ~ 20 houses )  shares the same link, the
performance is unstable. It depends on time. Faster at late night and
quite slow at 7PM-9PM...

Interesting enough, I saw that providers like Leonet and Usen do *NOT*
block bittorent, but they limit their speeds. If you are using bittorent
 with usen, the speed is 1 or 2 bit per second if I recall correctly.