Re: [tlug] [OT] UML Book

Zuco Pietro wrote:
> All them lack of practical examples.

Thats because UML becomes unwieldy for documenting anything other then
aspects of a piece of software.  Try throwing the average Java
application/library into a single class diagram ;)
If you want to completely document an application in UML look at books
on Executable UML.

> I need to implement code from a diagram and create a diagram from code.

If that is all you need, there are various import tools for various
modeling environments.

> I was looking for examples that show me an UML project, class
> diagrams, activity,.... and the resulting code, and the only examples
> I found was really simple and practically useful for nothing.
>
> Someone can say "Hey man you can find that examples in your company!"
> Well it's not my case. I have to create the UML that doesn't exist.

Read "Executable UML How to Build Class Models"[1].  It is the best book
I have found for explaining in practical terms object oriented analysis,
once you have groked this UML is just drawing pictures.

Edward

1. http://www.amazon.com/Executable-UML-Build-Class-Models/dp/0130674796