Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

On 9/5/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>... NTT salesperson tried to talk him into dumping his
> current ADSL and going with Hikari Fiber.  My friend asked the NTT man
> if it would work okay with Linux and the guy had never heard of
> Linux.....

When you install the hikkari then a compatible router should be
provided with the service (usually a part of your monthly fee pays for
this router).

Your OS is of no concern here. All OSes will happily speak the same
"language" on the wire. Tis why you can ping a Windows box from a
Linux box...

Regards, Keith