Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

Lyle H Saxon wrote:
I'm assuming that Kubuntu will "just work" by plugging into it, but
I'm not sure.  Has anyone made the switch to glass from copper?  Were
there any problems in doing so?  Can you just unplug a router and
switching hub from an ADSL box (Yahoo) and plug it into the Hikari
Fiber box and go happily surfing away?

Check whether the router claims support for the hikari type he will be changing to. If you are behind a router then nothing really changes, and whether it is Linux or windows is irrelevant. I have been using B-Flets for a number of years without issue. I have both connected directly and currently run through a router. Be aware that it might not be faster then his current ADSL, because although the maximum rated speed is more, it is shared between everyone in the building.

Edward