Re: [tlug] [OT][WAY OT] Perhaps of intereste to Sci Fi Fans:

burlingk@example.com wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Robson
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 10:54 AM
The US Navy still uses gunpowder? (>.<)

Every Navy does. If it is not a missile, it is gunpowder. How do you think they fling the large shells that only go a couple hundred yards? Currently, Short range == Gunpowder. ^^ We are making technilogical strides, but most of those strides of late have been in video game technology, not weapons. :P

I wasn't a gunner but it's my understanding that modern guns use nitro-cellulose, nitro-glycerine or other liquid based propellants, gunpowder being pre world war one era.