Re: [tlug] [OT][WAY OT] Perhaps of intereste to Sci Fi Fans:

On 01/09/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what The Navy Times general policy on copying is, I
> may want to look into that as well. ^_^

It is my understanding that the default copyright, which is
automatically granted to creative works under US and Japanese law (and
others, one would imagine, but IANAL), is *all* rights reserved, so
you should not copy-and-paste anything unless the copyright is clearly
stated on the content, and said copyright grants the right to reprint
unconditionally.

Perhaps Karen Pauley or Steve would correct me if I have misunderstood.

Again, the reason that TLUG needs to take a hard line on this issue is
that copyright is the foundation of Open Source and Free Software. If
we do not respect copyright, that pretty much invalidates our raison
d'etre, IMO.

--
Cheers,
Josh