[tlug] OT: Giuliani

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, burlingk@example.com wrote:

What do people think of [Giuliani]?
He has not been in the media lately....

He has here:

    http://www.harpers.org/archive/2007/08/0081631

While I'm far from an expert on NYC, I've both lived there for a couple
of years and studied bits of the history and demographics that touch on
things mentioned in the article. The article quite completely jibes with
my experience, and while _Harper's_ has a mostly liberal bias*, their
fact-checkers are no slouches.

* Actually, _Harper's_ also regularly publishes some fairly conservative
stuff, and anyway, given the events of the past few years, even a lot of
conservatives are starting to look like liberals. The current supreme
court is one example; take a look at it thirty years ago to see one
that's really liberal.

cjs