Re: [tlug] [WAY-OT] US politics: Dog bites man [1]

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:35:32AM +0900, burlingk@example.com wrote:

> > Simple. Vote Cthulhu. Why settle for the lesser of two evils?
> >
> *Grins*
> If the bastard ever makes the ballets, he has my vote. :P

Why, do you think he'd look good in a tutu?  :)

> What do people think of Juliani (I am sure I spelled that wrong)?
> He has not been in the media lately, but I hear he is running for
> the republican candidacy?

You did spell it wrong.  :)  As a NYC person, I should know.  Actually
one of my early MS mentors worked for him.

Guiliani was popular, but he apparently took more credit for what
went on after 9/11 than was deserved.  At the time, we thought well of him.
(That is, at the time of 9/11.)  Now, various and sundry bad things are
coming out, such as lack of proper precautions for rescue workers, that
he spent less personal effort on it than was originally claimed, etc.

Keep in mind that I'm speaking as a NYC person, and our views, as well
as the left coast (CA) are often different than most of the country.

As for me, I think they're all awful.  However, doing some online
thingie, just on issues, it seems that Alaska's Mike Gravel is closest
to my views.

I do often wonder what our media would have said if, in some Eastern
European country, there was an election that seemed close.  It was
decided, in the end, by some area run by the brother of one of the
candidates. Even with that factor, there were some shady things about
the vote counting in that area.  No doubt, we would have screamed
CORRUPTION!

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Spike: Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff
and upper with that nancy-boy accent. (everyone looking at him)
You Englishmen are always so... (pauses) Bloody hell! (ticks off
on his fingers) Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks,
oh God! I'm English!
Giles: Welcome to the nancy tribe.