Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 24/08/07, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:

> Interesting. I didn't know you actually had to apply for one. Was that
> before they were fully released?

Yes. Sony had planned to release the kit, but did not have any way to
judge interest. So they did an *extremely* limited run (500 units,
IIRC) and announced it on /. You had to enter a lottery to get one,
and since tens--if not hundreds--of thousands of Slashdaughters
applied, I did not get one, despite the fact that I was a
Japanese-speaking Linux geek who was living in Japan, where Sony
released the promo unit. :(

Yes, I am still bitter. ;)

--
Cheers,