RE: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming'root'in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

> =^@example.com@^=
> *bows low*

No need... that just means I was born only a few years after the last
T.Rex walked the earth ;-)...

> Those were the days when you learned to debug on
> paper, and psuedo code was not just a suggestion. :P

Yep. That's probably why I can sometimes figure out simple bugs just from
staring at the source code and the faulty output.

Most everyone kept their whole program deck and swapped out cards with
re-punched ones to fix errors. I figured out how to dump the program to a
file (yeah... they had *files* then) and submitted just the editor
commands each time. Never had to carry the whole deck to the computer
center more than once. I also figured out how to punch out a whole slew of
blank lines and have the deck delivered to the Engineering building so I
never had to buy blank cards.

I also sometimes cat a bunch of ^L characters to the printer when I need
some blank paper. Saves a trip to the supply cabinet ;-)...

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org                     for thou art crunchy
                                  and goest well with cheese.