RE: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming'root' in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

> > Anybody else remember ed or edlin?? :)
>
> O.o;;;;
> For those who are afraid of vi and vim, and emacs and such.
> Be greatful that you did not have to deal with the monstrosity
> of which this man speaks.  :P  After all, if you have ever
> been wittness to the thing that is edlin, the likes of vi
> would not scare you. :P  Confuse perhaps, but not scare. ^^;;

Heck... I remember punching onto cards various edit commands for the
edlin-like line editor on the mainframe at college and submitting "decks"
of cards consisting of 2-3 cards plus a couple more to run the job. The
guys behind the submission desk thought I was nuts but the jobs always
produced output ;-)...

After using a line editor in batch mode, *nothing* scares you !!

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org                     for thou art crunchy
                                  and goest well with cheese.