Re: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming'root' in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

burlingk@example.com wrote:

O.o;;;;
For those who are afraid of vi and vim, and emacs and such.
Be greatful that you did not have to deal with the monstrosity
of which this man speaks.  :P  After all, if you have ever
been wittness to the thing that is edlin, the likes of vi
would not scare you. :P  Confuse perhaps, but not scare. ^^;;

Oi! I _do_ remember edlin. I was once a daily user. Except for the need to wear reading glasses, the slight limp, and slurred speech it's hardly affected me at all. Thank goodness we had head sized colanders and plenty of aluminum foil in those days ...

--
CL