Re: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming 'root' in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

> Regardless of how you much loath vi, you should learn how to use it,
> because it is on more *nix systems than any other editor (besides
> cat). When your system won't boot and you use a live floppy or CD to
> repair it, the chances of vi being available are much greater than the
> chances of kate being available.

I was playing around with a new distro recently (I'm almost certain it
was Sabayon, the new "BE" (business edition) live CD), and was shocked
to find that vim was not available (nor of course vi), although emacs
was.  There's gotta be someone's personal axe-grinding underlying that
decision :-)

Dave