RE: [tlug] how to find Windows Desktop from linux?

<Desktop Etc not showing>

This is just a stab in the dark, but...

NTFS supports ownership of files and directories.
If you are not using the user ID,
or name or however NTFS identifies its users, that
the directory belongs too, it is not going to play nice.

Under WindowsXP and other NT derived versions of Windows,
the Desktop directory is user specific and is nested in
the users home directory.  That directory is often set
to be private by default.

Like I said, this is a stab in the dark.  It might be
unrelated, but it would explain why the superuser can
get to everything, but the normal user cannot.  It is
based off of my marginal understanding of NTFS.

--
Ken