[tlug] how to find Windows Desktop from linux?

I've run into an odd problem which I don't remember having. I mount my
Japanese Windows XP partition on my i386 (Pentium M) Toshiba laptop in
linux (Debian GNU/linux unstable) using ntfs-3g (done in my fstab
file). It seems all folders are visible, except one: the "Desktop".
Even a find command cannot locate files that I know exist in my
Desktop on that windows partition.

However, when I unmount and then remount the partition (as root or as
normal user), then the Dekstop and Start Menu folders are again
visible along with their contents. I should note that these are also
the only 2 folders that are written in Japanese characters. Now find
can do its job successfully again too.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem, and whether it has
anything to do with the Japanese characters in filenames on Windows
partitions?

Regards, Gernot