Re: [tlug] Best sound card for Linux

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Josh Glover wrote:

Can you recommend a low-cost USB device that offers digital out and is
supported under Linux?

I have a Roland UA-30, which works for me under both NetBSD and some sort of recent Ubuntu. There is a standard for USB sound devices, so I would think that your chances of most things working are reasonably good.

As to whether this is cheap, or even still available; I don't know. I
think I got it used for a couple of thousand yen about five years ago.

cjs